JML Garden Rooms (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example, name, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
2. Who are we?
JML Garden Rooms is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data that we hold is processed and for what purposes. For all data matters please contact Sarah Paterson on email@example.com, 01764 663668 or by post at JML Garden Rooms, The Arns, Auchterarder, PH3 1EJ.
3. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To maintain our own accounts and records (eg recording enquiries, providing quotations, correspondence regarding an order, issuing invoices).
To inform individuals of news, events or activities.
You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
4. The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
• Personal data (name, address, telephone number, email address).
We have obtained your personal data from your enquiry to us.
5. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
• Processing necessary for the performance of a contract of sale with the data subject, or to take steps to enter into a contract of sale.
• Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
6. Special categories of personal data (article 9 of GDPR)
We do not process special categories of personal data
7. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with JML Garden Rooms’ employees in the course of normal work-based activities.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. Where a business contract is entered into we will retain data for the length of the contract and for six years afterwards.
9. Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so will mean that we will be unable to contact you, provide you with a quotation or process an order that you wish to place.
10. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
• The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
11. Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
12. Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
13. Information we collect about you from our website
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
15. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
• How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Sarah Paterson on firstname.lastname@example.org, 01764 663668, or by post at JML Garden Rooms, The Arns, Auchterarder, PH3 1EJ.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
FROM OUR GALLERY
Herald Luxury Magazine
Delighted to appear in The Herald’s Luxury Magazine, featuring one of our Lowlander Garden Rooms in Edinburgh. Click here to read the article >Read More »
Save The Hedgehog!
An interesting and very useful article by diygarden.co.uk on how to help save hedgehogs from extinction – numbers have plummeted by a third inRead More »
Broughty Ferry, Lowlander Home Office
A great wee spot at the bottom of the garden and with the attached decking, this newly finished Lowlander home office can be usedRead More »
Isle of Mull
We are very proud to receive this wonderful review for a Lowlander 3 recently built on the isle of Mull. “We wanted a gardenRead More »
We were very pleased with the Lowlander 2 built as a studio in the garden in 2015, so decided on the same “look” for the extension to our house here in Edinburgh. It looks terrific and is very snug. Both projects were done on time and on budget, with a very pleasant and efficient team doing the work. Highly recommended!Ian Kennedy, Edinburgh
A Garden Room with en-suite shower room built in our garden in Fife. Design, build, plumbing and decoration. Excellent project management, highly responsive team with a well finished product that we are enjoying spending time in.Gracie, Fife
“I am now the proud owner of a JML garden room. The tradesmen are first class and their attention to detail is commendable. I can highly recommend this company for being accurate with cost, great craftsmanship, attention to detail, and for the personal touch.”Kim Sommerville – Auchterarder
JML Garden Rooms were great from start to finish of our job. The job was project managed brilliantly by JML and despite terrible weather (heavy rain and wind) our garden room was finished within 3 weeks. A few minor glitches at the end of the job (e.g. the door handle had been installed incorrectly) were rectified very quickly and the workmen came back out on site. Our room (we got a Lowlander built) is brilliant, looks great and we use it almost every day. Would definitely recommend JML Garden Rooms.S. Stewart, Edinburgh